Below are some of the traditional wedding gifts that are commonly given to Indian couples:
- Cash or Gift Cards: It is a common practice in Indian weddings to give cash or gift cards to the couple as a wedding gift. This allows the couple to choose what they want or need, and helps with any expenses they may incur during their new life together.
- Gold Jewelry: Gold is considered a symbol of prosperity and good luck in Indian culture. Therefore, gifting gold jewelry, such as a necklace, bracelet or earrings, is a popular option for wedding gifts.
- Home Appliances: Many Indian couples are starting their new life together and may need basic home appliances, such as a blender, mixer, or pressure cooker. Gifting these appliances can be very helpful and useful for the couple.
- Personalized Gifts: Personalized gifts, such as photo frames, wall art, or customized home decor items, are a great way to make a unique and special wedding gift for the couple.
- Traditional Items: Traditional items, such as a saree for the bride or a kurta pajama for the groom, can be a meaningful and cherished gift for the couple.
It’s important to note that every couple is different, so it’s always a good idea to consider the couple’s interests and preferences when choosing a wedding gift.